The majority of elbow joint stability at less than 20° of elbow flexion is skeletal.1 An important part of that skeletal support is the olecranon's fit into this fossa.
1 Cain EL Jr, Dugas JR, Wolf RS, Andrews JR. Elbow injuries in throwing athletes: a current concepts review. Am J Sports Med. 2003; 31; 621.
- Pitch Movement, Part III: The River of Seams
- April 2, 2020
- Pitch Movement, Part II: Sweet Seams (Are Made of This)
- March 15, 2020
- Pitch Movement, Part I: You Spin Me Round (Like a Baseball)
- February 28, 2020
- Scouting Grades: Speed
- February 20, 2020
- Still Learning 11 Years Later
- February 5, 2020
- Is it really supported by science?
- February 8, 2017
- To athletes seeking "exposure"
- February 1, 2017
- Discovering the Intent to Throw Hard
- January 25, 2017
- Season Preparation: On-ramping
- December 15, 2016
- My Approach to Training Pitchers
- May 29, 2015
- [posts archive]