This type of ball pick-up is detailed by Dr. Marshall in Chapter 37 of his free online book (see Online Reading). He summarized it very briefly in an email to me:
"To get their pitching arm in the maximum acceleration position, I teach my baseball pitchers to pendulum swing their pitching arm downward, backward and upward in straight lines toward second base to driveline height with the palm of their pitching hand facing away from their body in one smooth, continuous movement pointing at second base."
- Pitch Movement, Part III: The River of Seams
- April 2, 2020
- Pitch Movement, Part II: Sweet Seams (Are Made of This)
- March 15, 2020
- Pitch Movement, Part I: You Spin Me Round (Like a Baseball)
- February 28, 2020
- Scouting Grades: Speed
- February 20, 2020
- Still Learning 11 Years Later
- February 5, 2020
- Is it really supported by science?
- February 8, 2017
- To athletes seeking "exposure"
- February 1, 2017
- Discovering the Intent to Throw Hard
- January 25, 2017
- Season Preparation: On-ramping
- December 15, 2016
- My Approach to Training Pitchers
- May 29, 2015
- [posts archive]