This is the name given to the force that "pushes" the forearm and hand toward the medial side of the elbow.
Typically, the varus force does not have any implications for elbow injury. Since most deceleration occurs with the arm at nearly full extension, the tension caused by varus force is rarely strong enough to be destructive.
Varus force opposes valgus force.
- Pitch Movement, Part III: The River of Seams
- April 2, 2020
- Pitch Movement, Part II: Sweet Seams (Are Made of This)
- March 15, 2020
- Pitch Movement, Part I: You Spin Me Round (Like a Baseball)
- February 28, 2020
- Scouting Grades: Speed
- February 20, 2020
- Still Learning 11 Years Later
- February 5, 2020
- Is it really supported by science?
- February 8, 2017
- To athletes seeking "exposure"
- February 1, 2017
- Discovering the Intent to Throw Hard
- January 25, 2017
- Season Preparation: On-ramping
- December 15, 2016
- My Approach to Training Pitchers
- May 29, 2015
- [posts archive]