Valgus force is the name of the force that "pushes" the forearm and hand toward the lateral side of the elbow.
This force is principally responsible for most pitching elbow injuries because of the stress it creates in the soft medial tissues in the elbow, particularly the ulnar collateral ligament.
Valgus force is opposed by varus force.
It is a major component of valgus extension overload syndrome.
- Chase DeLauter, Tommy White: Early Impressions
- March 6, 2022
- Rays Find Elite Value All Over
- January 29, 2022
- Developing Arm Action in Early Youth Throwers
- January 24, 2022
- Pitch Movement, Part V: (Sp)in Your Eyes
- February 9, 2021
- Pitch Movement, Part IV: Tunnel Vision
- June 25, 2020
- Scouting Grades: Power
- June 22, 2020
- Pitch Movement, Part III: The River of Seams
- April 2, 2020
- Pitch Movement, Part II: Sweet Seams (Are Made of This)
- March 15, 2020
- Pitch Movement, Part I: You Spin Me Round (Like a Baseball)
- February 28, 2020
- Scouting Grades: Speed
- February 20, 2020
- [posts archive]