This is the rotational expression of valgus force.
The magnitude of valgus torque is equal to the valgus force multiplied by the force's distance from the axis of rotation. In the pitching motion, this means that valgus torque increases as forearm length increases and as valgus force increases.
The largest valgus torque values in pitching are the result of inertia.
- Chase DeLauter, Tommy White: Early Impressions
- March 6, 2022
- Rays Find Elite Value All Over
- January 29, 2022
- Developing Arm Action in Early Youth Throwers
- January 24, 2022
- Pitch Movement, Part V: (Sp)in Your Eyes
- February 9, 2021
- Pitch Movement, Part IV: Tunnel Vision
- June 25, 2020
- Scouting Grades: Power
- June 22, 2020
- Pitch Movement, Part III: The River of Seams
- April 2, 2020
- Pitch Movement, Part II: Sweet Seams (Are Made of This)
- March 15, 2020
- Pitch Movement, Part I: You Spin Me Round (Like a Baseball)
- February 28, 2020
- Scouting Grades: Speed
- February 20, 2020
- [posts archive]