This is the rotational expression of valgus force.
The magnitude of valgus torque is equal to the valgus force multiplied by the force's distance from the axis of rotation. In the pitching motion, this means that valgus torque increases as forearm length increases and as valgus force increases.
The largest valgus torque values in pitching are the result of inertia.
- Scouting Grades: Speed
- February 20, 2020
- Still Learning 11 Years Later
- February 5, 2020
- Is it really supported by science?
- February 8, 2017
- To athletes seeking "exposure"
- February 1, 2017
- Discovering the Intent to Throw Hard
- January 25, 2017
- Season Preparation: On-ramping
- December 15, 2016
- My Approach to Training Pitchers
- May 29, 2015
- "Delayed Internal Rotation" revisited and elbow roll-in
- December 8, 2012
- 2011 Texas Rangers: Wins, Attendance, and Playoffs
- March 10, 2011
- A look at Driveline Baseball's Velocity Development Program
- February 21, 2011
- [posts archive]