As can be inferred from its name, valgus stress is the stress caused by valgus torque or valgus force.
The stress is felt in the soft tissues in the medial compartment of the elbow, primarily the ulnar collateral ligament. This tension can be shared with the muscles of the flexor-pronator mass.
See also: varus stress.
- Chase DeLauter, Tommy White: Early Impressions
- March 6, 2022
- Rays Find Elite Value All Over
- January 29, 2022
- Developing Arm Action in Early Youth Throwers
- January 24, 2022
- Pitch Movement, Part V: (Sp)in Your Eyes
- February 9, 2021
- Pitch Movement, Part IV: Tunnel Vision
- June 25, 2020
- Scouting Grades: Power
- June 22, 2020
- Pitch Movement, Part III: The River of Seams
- April 2, 2020
- Pitch Movement, Part II: Sweet Seams (Are Made of This)
- March 15, 2020
- Pitch Movement, Part I: You Spin Me Round (Like a Baseball)
- February 28, 2020
- Scouting Grades: Speed
- February 20, 2020
- [posts archive]